We're Looking forward to the 2021-2022 School Year!
Every child that learns and grows here makes us a better School—no wonder we're thrilled to welcome YOUR child here this fall!
As you anticipate your child's arrival at Rumsey, we've compiled some helpful information for new parents. As the summer progresses, you will receive regular emails from us with more details. In each section, you'll find the name and email address of the specific person you should contact if you have any questions.
- Is there internet in the dorms?
- Am I allowed to bring food into my dorm?
- Where can my child purchase basic necessities such as toothpaste, deodorant and shampoo?
- When will I know who my roomate is?
- How do I make travel arrangements for my child to arrive or depart from campus?
- How does the laundry system work?
- What COVID-19 safety guidelines will exist next year?
- What is your weekend policy for boarding students?
Student Life Resources
- What is student life at Rumsey like?
- Will there be a student orientation to help my child meet new students and get familiar with the school?
- When will I receive the 2021-2022 Student Handbook?
- When will I know who my child's advisor is?
- Can my child bring a phone to campus?
- What leadership opportunities does the School offer?
- Athletic Equipment Requirements: Please review this document for items you may need to purchase for the fall.
- How do I report an absence?
- How do I access the Magnus Health portal?
- How do you communicate to parents about COVID-19 updates and precautions?
- Do you have programs in place to assist with wellness on campus?
- Will COVID-19 testing continue next year?
- Can my child bring medications to school?
- How can I access Magnus Health?
- What happens if my child becomes sick at school?
Our core values—honesty, kindness, and respect—are modeled through all we do.
How we act toward others creates peace of mind and promotes trusting relationships.
Kindness is about treating others the way we want to be treated.
We listen, stand up to injustice, and have compassion for others.