COMMUNICATIONS & INFORMATION FOR 2020/21
HEALTH AND GOVERNMENT WEBSITES
Director of Nursing
Gerri Gleason / firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim Head of School
Brooke Giese / email@example.com
Dean of Students
Phil Perreau/ firstname.lastname@example.org
As we prepare to re-open Rumsey Hall please watch the recent Parent Webinar above for more information. Additionally, below are some potential questions and answers regarding Fall 2020.
- Does Rumsey have a plan to re-open campus in Fall 2020?
- How is Rumsey Hall School planning to re-open in August?
- Is Rumsey Hall School following a phased approach to reopening campus?
- What is the School requiring by way of quarantining prior to the start of school?
- When will I be able to move into my dorm room?
- Will there be an Orientation?
- What other organizations may influence Rumsey Hall School’s return and continuity planning?
- What if the public health situation significantly improves or worsens?
- What if I cannot make it back to campus by the first day of classes?
- How will dorm life be organized?
- How will physical distancing be practiced in classrooms?
- Will campus events occur this fall?
- Will fall athletics, interscholastic competition, arts programs, and our Lower School afternoon enrichment program occur?
- Can I leave campus for a secondary school visit?
- Will I be able to take SSAT tests on campus next year?
- What measures will be in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety when they return to campus?
- What happens if my child gets sick?
- What should I do if I am having trouble scheduling a physical for my child?
- Where will my child go if sick or quarantined, or if campus closes?
- What if I need help locating a Local Emergency Contact?
- How can I volunteer to be a Local Emergency Contact / Host Family?
- Will students be tested for COVID-19?
- Will my child need to be medically screened each day?
- Will we be able to carpool with other families?
- Will we be able to host boarding students in our homes for social visits?
- Will boarding students be able to visit students in other dorms?
- Will my boarding student be able to come home on the weekends?
- Will I be able to visit my child/children on campus?
- Will my F-1 expire after five months if I do not hold a U.S. passport or permanent residency?
- When should I plan to arrive in the United States, so I am ready to begin class on September 10?
- What if I cannot arrive in the United States in time for the opening of School?
- I am trying to buy a round-trip international airline ticket. What date should I book for my return home after the Fall Term?
- What is the budgetary plan for the School?
- Will the school be open during Thanksgiving and Winter break for students who are unable to return home?